How can I arrange for the supply of utilities?

Foreign Students's picture

If you live in university residence halls, private halls and host family arrangements, gas, electricity and water are likely to be provided as part of the rent. Private housing, however, usually requires that you give the details of gas and electricity meter readings to the suppliers. Your landlord can instruct you on how to do this. Although some suppliers might provide cheaper services than others, most tenancy agreements do not allow residents to pick their own suppliers.