Our Commitment to You
Foreign Students is owned and operated by ForeignStudents.com Limited. At ForeignStudents.com Limited we are committed to protecting your privacy online.
Information collected by Foreign Students
We collect the following types of information about you when you use Foreign Students.
• Information provided by you. We collect personal information, such as your name and email address, demographic information, including: university, course and gender when you register to become a member of Foreign Students. This information is used when you set up your personal profile. As part of your personal profile, you may choose to display additional information such as your date of birth, your hobbies and interests and other content, such as photos. You acknowledge that you fully own the copyright to each and every image that you chose to place on the website and to the extent that you do not you hereby indemnify Foreign Students their agents and employees against any breach of copyright.
• Information collected automatically. Foreign Students receives and stores information which is transmitted automatically from your computer when you use Foreign Students. This information includes information from cookies (which are described below), your IP address and browser type. Your IP address is the unique address of your computer which is automatically provided to other computers when your web browser or email application requests a web page or email from those computers on the Internet.
Use and Disclosure of information
• We will display your personal information on your profile according to the preferences you set. We will use your name so that you are recognisable on our database so that we can personalize your experience. We will use your email address to contact you from time to time and may also use it for security reasons to confirm that you are who you say you are.
• We may use the information collected automatically, such as your IP address and information stored via cookies, to gather statistics about the number of people who visit ForeignStudents.com and to customise Foreign Students content, layout and services. We may share this information with third parties to help us improve Foreign Students and better serve our users.
• Advertisements that appear on Foreign Students are delivered to you by our advertising partners. Foreign Students may transfer information about your use of Foreign Students, such as your IP address and information stored via cookies, to our advertising partners and other third parties. This information may be used to provide advertising, promotions and other products and services that may be of interest to you
• Our advertising and promotions partners have no access to your name or personal contact information stored by Foreign Students unless you decide to share it with them. Foreign Students does not provide your name or personal contact information to an advertising partner when you interact with or view a targeted advertisement.
• We may provide your personally identifiable information and the data generated by cookies and the aggregate information to the vendors and service agencies that we may engage to assist us in providing our services to you. Such third party entities will be obligated to use your personally identifiable information solely to provide the services to us.
• We will disclose your personally identifiable information if we reasonably believe we are required to do so by law, regulation or other government authority or to protect the rights and property of Foreign Students, its affiliates or the public. We may also co-operate with law enforcement agencies in any official investigation and we may disclose your personally identifiable information to the relevant agency or authority in doing so.
If you choose to use our referral service to invite a friend to Foreign Students, we will ask you for your friend's name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit Foreign Students. Foreign Students stores and only uses this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
Your friend may submit a request that we remove this information from our database via the Contact Us page; remove requests of this nature will be completed within 30 days.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. Cookies are also required for you to log in to the web site.
• Foreign Students may link information stored in cookies such as your age, gender and country with your personally identifiable information and we may use such information to gather statistics about the number of people who visit Foreign Students and use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Third party cookies
Third parties serve cookies via this site. These are used for the following purposes:
• to serve advertisements on our site and track whether these advertisements are clicked on by users.
• to control how often you are shown a particular advertisement.
• to tailor content to your preferences.
• to count the number of anonymous users of our site.
• to aggregate anonymised information for marketing purposes.
Use of Web Beacons
Some of our web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs) that allow us to count users who have visited these pages. Web beacons collect only limited information including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides. We may also carry web beacons placed by third-party advertisers. These beacons do not carry any personally identifiable information and are only used to track the effectiveness of a particular campaign.
Third Party Personally Identifiable Information
You must not disclose personally identifiable information relating to any third party on your personal profile, the Foreign Students messaging [Email] service, and / or any Foreign Students discussion forums, notice boards etc or other public forums or in conjunction with any service provided or made available by us unless you have their express consent to do so.
You control who shares your information
• Please note that your personal profile, messaging [Email] service, and all Foreign Students discussion forums etc are open to all Foreign Students members. You should not submit or include any information in them that you would not want shared with other people. If you choose to disclose personally identifiable information in these areas you are consenting to its unrestricted distribution to and by other Foreign Students members. Foreign Students therefore cannot be responsible for the protection or security of such information, regardless of its sensitivity. Members disclose all such information entirely at their own risk.
Whenever you voluntarily post personal information in public forums, this information can be accessed by the public and can in turn be used by others to send you unsolicited communications. Foreign Students recommends that you exercise discretion in deciding what information you disclose on the Internet.
This site, its promotions and its third party associations are intended only for university and college students over the age of 16.
We strongly encourage users under the age of 16 not to send any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet and entering any personal information into the Foreign Students site without obtaining consent from a parent or legal guardian before.
The security of your personally identifiable information is a priority to Foreign Students. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure Please help us to keep your information secure by keeping your password and other account details confidential. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we use industry standard technology designed to help keep your personal information safe and have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Nonetheless, while we strive to protect members' personally identifiable information, due to the inherent risks of the Internet we cannot guarantee the protection of such information against loss, misuse or alteration. Consequently, you acknowledge that you provide all such information at your own risk.
This policy is effective from 15th March, 2008
In order to give you free use of the site and our exclusive offers, Foreign Students may occasionally send you newsletters that we think you will find interesting. These newsletters may contain advertisements.
Canceling your membership
Contacting Foreign Students
If you have questions about this statement, you should first contact us on the
Contact Us page or alternatively write to:
No. 1 Olympic Way,