Do I need health insurance and how can I get it?

Foreign Students's picture

If you do not qualify for full NHS treatment, you will definitely need to get private medical insurance, as private health care can be very expensive. However, even if you qualify for NHS treatment, you may still prefer to get health insurance to avoid NHS waiting lists and get treatment faster. You may already be covered if you have medical insurance in your home country, so check with your provider to find out if you need extra cover.

For students in the UK, Endsleigh is probably the best insurance company. They offer great insurance specifically for students, and at a cheap price.