How do I register with a doctor?

Foreign Students's picture

You should register at your local health centre or doctor's surgery as soon as you arrive in the UK. Find the contact information of your closest one here. When you go to register, make sure you take your passport, student card and proof of your UK address.

Once you have registered with a GP (a name for doctors in the UK), then you can book appointments with them whenever you want, for free (so long as you are eligible for NHS cover).